Let Merrick recycle your plastic instead of sending it to landfills!
Benefits of working with us
- Save money on disposal costs.
- You can drop off your plastic at Merrick's warehouse or we can schedule weekday pick-ups at your location.
- The value of material and the cost of transport can be claimed as a charitable contribution.
Community & Environmental Impact:
- Keep tons of polyethylene out of the landfills and incinerators.
- Reuse the polymer to make a useful product - composite lumber.
- Steady and meaningful work for adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Merrick is looking for businesses that want to recycle plastic bags, stretch wrap from pallets, and shrink wrap from case goods instead of sending this material to landfills.
- We have several collection crews picking up this material at sites all over the Twin Cities Metro Area.
- We have work crews sorting and bailing the material at our facility with the capacity to process more material.
- We partner with Trex Company who make composite lumber for decking out of recycled plastic and in May of 2013 sent the 200th truckload! View the commemorative poster here.
- The plastic bag and stretch film recycling program was established in 2003. Since then, we have kept millions of pounds of plastic from ending up in landfills and incinerators.
- Merrick, Inc., is a nonprofit agency that supports adults with developmental disabilities in finding work opportunities. We are continually seeking to expand our green endeavors and partnerships.
Please recycle these materials (all materials must be clean and dry):
- HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE films. #2, #4
- Plastic grocery and retail bags (remove any string ties or rigid handles)
- Bread bags (shake out crumbs)
- Produce bags (clean and dry)
- Cereal bags (shake out)
- Zip lock bags (clean and dry, remove any rigid sliders)
- Ice bags (dry)
- Salt bags (turn inside out and shake out residue, remove any rigid handles)
- Bags from lawn products and bird seed (turn inside out and shake out residue)
- Dry cleaning bags
- Newspaper sleeves (clean and dry)
- Tyvek® envelopes
- Mattress bags
- Furniture wrap
- Bubble wrap
- Plastic overwrap from case goods
- Stretch film/pallet wrap
For more information please contact: