Assigned to Alternative Services located at 3210 Labore Road in Vadnais Heights.
Primary Duties: A Support Service Staff is needed to provide training, support, and supervision of adults with intellectual disabilities served within our Alternative Services program. These individuals are interested in community integration, a variety of therapies (including occupational, horticulture, art, music, and pet therapy) arts and crafts, social and recreational activities, sensory integration, and assistive technology
Specific duties include:
- Supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities while they are engaged in social, community, therapeutic, and work activities and ensuring their safety and wellbeing;
- Assisting the individuals with a wide range of needs related to communication, personal cares (including eating and toileting), mobility, etc.;
- Implementing a variety of person-centered planning goals; and
- Documenting on service delivery, progress on goals, outcomes, and relevant events.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED. A community college AA degree, technical school degree, Human Services degree, or a four year Bachelor of Arts/Science degree is preferred;
- A minimum of six to 12 months of work experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities;
- A sincere and passionate desire to work with persons with intellectual disabilities;
- Comfortable and respectful when assisting with personal cares;
- Ability to problem solve and work independently; and
- Proven crisis management and de-escalation skills.
Candidates must also pass a criminal background check, a motor vehicle record check, a DOT physical, and drug screen.
This is a part-time position working Monday through Friday for a total of 27.5 hours per week (day hours), and is eligible for pro-rated PTO, but not benefits. The hourly rate of pay starts at $15.09.