DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL—VOCATIONAL/UTILITY
Assigned to Utility Services located at 3210 Labore Road in Vadnais Heights. Our Support Service Staff working in the vocational programs support, train, and supervise adults with intellectual disabilities who are interested in performing facility-based work contracts and/or community-based work opportunities. Specific duties include:
- Supporting and supervising individuals with intellectual disabilities while they are engaged in a variety of work/vocational tasks and occasional rec/leisure activities;
- Overseeing the work performed by the individuals to ensure that they are performing their duties in a manner that meets/exceeds business expectations;
- Implementing a variety of person-centered planning goals;
- Documenting on service delivery, progress on goals, outcomes, relevant events, activities, and payroll;
- Assisting with personal cares as needed; and
- Driving company vehicles as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED. A community college AA degree, technical school degree, Human Service degree, or a four year Bachelor of Arts/Sciences is preferred;
- A minimum of six to 12 months of work experience supporting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities;
- A sincere and passionate desire to work with persons with disabilities;
- Committed to self-advocacy and person-centered planning principles;
- Basic computer and data entry skills;
- Comfortable and respectful when assisting individuals with personal cares;
- Focused on the quality of work at all times; and
- Meet the physical demands of the position, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including regularly standing, walking, and bending, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, and assisting persons with personal cares, ambulation, etc.
Candidate must able to pass a criminal background check, a motor vehicle record check, and a drug screen.
Both full-time (40 hours per week, M-F day hours, and benefit eligible) and part-time (27.5 hours per week, M-F day hours, and not benefit eligible) positions are available. The hourly rate of pay starts at $15.00 DOQ. In addition, new hires by 7/1/19 that complete their training period earn a $500.00 award as well as another $500.00 award after completing their ninth month of employment!
To apply for this position:
Complete an on-line application at https://www.merrickinc.org/index.php/apply-for-a-job or
Send a resume to Jane Peltier, HR Director at Merrick, Inc., 3210 Labore Road, Vadnais Heights, MN 55110 or
Email a resume to email@example.com.