Careers at Merrick
Join Our Team
Thank you for considering a career at Merrick, Inc., where everyday is an opportunity to empower adults with disabilities in our community. Please consult our list of current job openings and apply using your resume or submit an online application. Alternatively, you may download the application as a PDF document and submit it via postal service, fax, or email to the following address:
3210 Labore Road
Vadnais Heights, MN 55110
Fax: (651) 770-7512
Our Commitment to DEI
We are dedicated to building a diverse team of employees who have an ongoing commitment to strengthening diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. If you are excited about one of these roles and you feel that you would be an asset to this position, regardless of your past experience, we highly encourage you to apply. We value people for all life, education and work experience.
DSP Hiring Offers:
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm set schedule
- $500 – $1,000 hiring bonus, based on experience
- Pay and PTO matching with a verified paystub from your current employer
- Multiple different health insurance options through Medica
- Up to a 3% retirement match
- Free dental insurance for the employee
- Free life insurance for the employee and all dependents
- A great work environment
Current Job Openings
If you have questions about job openings, please contact Mikayla Wickersham at MikaylaW@MerrickInc.org or (651) 789-6231.
|Job Title||Department||Location||Employment Type|
|Direct Support Professional||Alternative Services||Vadnais Heights||Full-Time|
|Direct Support Professional||Enhanced Services||Vadnais Heights||Full-Time|
|Direct Support Professional||Utility Services||Vadnais Heights||Full-Time|
|Maintenance Technician||Production||Vadnais Heights||Full-Time|
As you enter Merrick, please choose to make today a great day. Your coworkers and the clients will be thankful. Find ways to play. We can be serious about our work without being serious about ourselves. Stay focused in order to be there when your coworkers and the clients need you most. And should you feel your energy fading, try this surefire remedy; find someone who needs a helping hand, a word of support, or a good ear–-and make their day.
Our Board of Trustees and Management Team realize the critical role that employees at Merrick, Inc., have in delivering exceptional supports and services. In order to recruit and retain talented employees, Merrick offers:
- Competitive wages;
- Health, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability (full-time employees);
- 403(b) retirement plan;
- Job performance-based wage increases;
- A generous paid time off schedule (prorated for part-time employees);
- Ten paid holidays per year (prorated for part-time employees);
- Desirable work hours and days (Monday-Friday, daytime hours);
- Convenient location with ample off-street parking; and
- Paid training, promotional opportunities, and other benefits.
Working at Merrick and supporting adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities (I/DD) is much more than just earning a paycheck. Working here allows you to make a meaningful difference in someone else’s life every program day. Feel a true sense of accomplishment supporting adults with I/DD as they strive to realize their goals and dreams.
In order to work at Merrick you should have:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED;
- Paid work experience supporting persons with I/DD (preferred);
- Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check;
- A valid drivers license, a clean driving record, and at least 21 years old if the desired position requires driving;
- The ability to effectively collaborate with others, work independently, and deliver great customer service;
- A commitment to the promotion of self-advocacy and person-centered planning principles; and
- Most importantly, the empathy and enthusiasm to support persons with I/DD.
Merrick, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Merrick, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We care deeply about diversity in hiring and professional development, as our employee demographics represent the clients we serve. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, Black and Indigenous, People/Person(s) of Color (BIPOC), persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.