Careers at Merrick
There are currently two DSP positions available to support clients who work within Merrick’s Plastic Recycling Program. This program provides meaningful employment for clients while diverting nearly 1 million pounds of plastic from Twin Cities’ incinerators and landfills every year. We contract with businesses for regular pick-ups and accept plastic from the public at our 3210 program site.
Current Job Openings
- Human Resources Director
- Direct Support Professional — Adult Day Services (Part-Time)
- Direct Support Professional — Vocational/Enhanced (Center-Based Work Crew/Plastic Intake)
- Direct Support Professional — Vocational/Enhanced (Community-Based Work Crew/Plastic Pick-Up)
As you enter Merrick, please choose to make today a great day. Your co-workers and the clients will be thankful. Find ways to play. We can be serious about our work without being serious about ourselves. Stay focused in order to be there when your co-workers and the clients need you most. And should you feel your energy fading, try this surefire remedy; find someone who needs a helping hand, a word of support, or a good ear–-and make their day.
Our Board of Trustees and Management Team realize the critical role that employees at Merrick, Inc., have in delivering exceptional supports and services. In order to recruit and retain talented employees, Merrick offers:
- Competitive wages;
- Health, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability (full-time employees);
- 403(b) retirement plan;
- Job performance-based wage increases;
- A generous paid time off schedule (prorated for part-time employees);
- Ten paid holidays per year (prorated for part-time employees);
- Desirable work hours and days (Monday-Friday, daytime hours);
- Convenient location with ample off-street parking;
- Paid training, promotional opportunities, and other benefits.
Working at Merrick and supporting adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities (I/DD) is much more than just earning a paycheck. Working here allows you to make a meaningful difference in someone else’s life every work day. Feel a true sense of accomplishment as you support adults with I/DD as they strive to realize their goals and dreams.
In order to work at Merrick you should have:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED;
- Paid work experience supporting persons with I/DD (preferred);
- Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check;
- A valid drivers license, a clean driving record, and at least 21 years old if the desired position requires driving;
- The ability to effectively collaborate with others, work independently, and deliver great customer service;
- A commitment to the promotion of self-advocacy and person-centered planning principles; and
- Most importantly, the empathy and enthusiasm to support persons with I/DD.
Are you interested in applying for an open position?
Please submit printed applications via postal service, fax, or email to:
3210 Labore Rd
Vadnais Heights, MN 55110
Fax: (651) 770-7512