2024 Policies & Procedure Updates
Published January 9, 2024
This is a formal notification of Merrick’s policy and procedure updates that impact service delivery.
- The following language was added to the Admission Policy
- The Company may deny admission based on a person’s criminal history that poses an imminent risk of harm to self or others.
- The Company may offer a trial enrollment for a specified period when the following occurs.
- The Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) cannot identify the person’s specific support needs due to a new environment and needs the assessment period to identify those needs.
- The person’s support needs are not consistent with the company’s assessment upon enrollment and needs the assessment period to come to agreement on those support needs.
- The Program Director(s) or designee will approve all admissions, trial admissions, or denials and document in writing.
- The EUMR (Emergency Use of Manual Restraint Policy) was updated as follows:
- An EUMR may be reported verbally or in writing to an Assistant Program Director, Program Director, or designee. The previous policy only allowed for a written report to an Assistant Program Director or Program Director.
- A completed BIRF (Behavior Intervention Reporting Form) will be sent to each member of the expanded support team upon their request rather than within 24 hours.
- The Program Abuse Prevention Plans have updated demographics.
- The Client Rights added language on #12 which now states:
- Be free from maltreatment including abuse, financial or other exploitation, retaliation, humiliation or neglect by the Company or its employees.
- The Safe Medication Administration Policy was updated due to the company’s transition of nurse consulting to Health Counseling Services.
- A Maltreatment of Minors Policy was added.
The policies referenced above can be viewed in full below. We will mail a hardcopy to you upon request.
Emergency Use of Manual Restraints Policy
Program Abuse Prevention Plan – 3210 Labore Rd
Program Abuse Prevention Plan – 1239 Willow Lake Blvd
Safe Medication Administration Policy
Maltreatment of Minors Policy